Immigration Cases:
Family Based Green Cards We're Committed to Your Future

Family-Based Green Card Attorneys in Hollywood

Types of Green Cards in Florida

The family unit is fundamental for any society. United States laws have provided mechanisms that allow United States citizens and legal permanent residents to either petition for their loved ones inside of the United States or bring in their family members living abroad. United States citizens can petition for their spouses, parents, fiancés, and siblings. Residents of the United States can file applications on behalf on their spouses and children as long as they are not married.

Immigration laws have categorized the blood relationships. The kinship between the Petitioner and the beneficiary will determine the category that will be assigned to the beneficiary when the family petition is approved. Spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of citizens who are over 21 years of age are immediate relatives for immigration purposes. That means the United States petitioner could file the family petition and the relative could file the green card application jointly while living in the United States.

The immigration authorities created preferences that allow citizens and residents of the United States to bring their relatives who are not immediate relatives:

  • Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens constitute the first preference (F1)
  • Spouses and children of permanent residents are category F2A
  • Unmarried sons and daughters over 21 years of age of permanent residents constitute category F2B
  • Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens constitute category F3
  • Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens constitute category F4

How Do I Apply for a Family Green Card in Florida?

After the family petition is filed by either the United States citizen, or the legal permanent resident relative is approved, their family members can start the process to get their green card. That process is done by the National Visa Center. The process includes the filing of certain applications, fee payments, and gathering and submission of documents. When the process with the National Visa Center is completed, they direct the file to the United States embassy at the beneficiary’s home country.

The processes either inside of the United States or outside (at the beneficiary’s home country) could take a long time, and each step is crucial. There are issues, such as financial means, aging out for cases involving children, and legitimacy of relationship and marriage in cases involving fiancés and spouses, that must be addressed throughout the process. It is important that families are properly guided during the case.

We can help you with these processes:

  • I-130 petition for alien relative
  • DS-260 immigrant visa application
  • Consular processing
  • Fiancé K visas

If you are interested in scheduling a consultation with our family-based green card attorneys in Hollywood, send us a message or call (954) 883-9122.

Why Choose Us?

See the Many Ways We Can Help
  • Every Client Is Treated Like Part of the Family
  • Strong Reputation within the Legal Community
  • Committed to Obtaining the Best Possible Outcome
  • Communicative & Attentive to Our Clients' Needs
  • 25 Years of Combined Legal Experience
  • We Pride Ourselves on Honesty & Quality

Contact Magilligan Law

Schedule a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.